“The expectations of life depend upon diligence; the mechanic that would perfect his work must first sharpen his tools.” —Confucius
“It’s good to have an end in mind but in the end what counts is how you travel.” ― Orna Ross
Today’s guest is Michael H. Brooks, author of This. Only This: Mindfulness Strategies for Finding Peace in Every Moment.
In this episode we discuss:
- Why you should be meditating (and what “mastery” really looks like)
- The difference between meditation and mindfulness
- When heartbreak is a good thing
- How to do the difficult work of finding peace (it’s easier AND harder than you think!)
And so much more!
CONNECT WITH MICHAEL:
Read more about Michael and today’s conversation at In My Skinny Genes.
Join the conversation at facebook.com/findingourhunger.
MENTIONED IN THE PODCAST:
- READ: The Body Image Report
- LISTEN: UNpodcast 070: “V” Capaldi
- READ: This. Only This: Mindfulness Strategies for Finding Peace in Every Moment. by Michael H. Brooks