“You are imperfect, permanently and inevitably flawed. And you are beautiful.” – Amy Bloom
Today’s guest is registered dietitian nutritionist and certified Intuitive Eating counselor Christy Harrison.
In this episode we discuss:
- Why being a mentor can help you stay recovered
- The danger of the “pro-recovery, but not for me” mindset
- Why you can’t force people to change their beliefs
CONNECT WITH CHRISTY:
PODCAST: Food Psych
Read more about Christy and today’s conversation at In My Skinny Genes.
BY THE WAY: If you love the Finding Our Hunger podcast, you have THREE great ways to support us:
- Become a Patreon
- Leave an iTunes review
- Listen to the 1st 100 episodes by getting a Finding Our Hunger Podcast Album
Thank you for listening – we appreciate you SO much <3.
MENTIONED IN THE PODCAST:
- READ: Virgie Tovar’s post on doctors’ treatment of their patients
- LISTEN: You Made it Weird with Pete Holmes (Elizabeth Gilbert episode)
- LISTEN: Harriet Brown on the Food Psych Podcast
- READ: Naomi Wolf the beauty myth (TW) chapter on food
Join the conversation at facebook.com/findingourhunger.