“I am not a has-been. I am a will be.” – Lauren Bacall
Today’s guest is Elizabeth Cooper, a queer body love coach, and the creator of the Queer Body Love speaker series.
In this episode we discuss:
- How disordered eating connects with our ideas about gender performativity
- Femme drag: Is beauty a construct? And can it still be empowering?
- Why it’s so hard to gain weight, even if you get your life back
- Why you NEED community to recover and grow
CONNECT WITH ELIZABETH:
SPEAKER SERIES: thequeerbodyloveseries.com
FACEBOOK: Queer Body Love
BY THE WAY: If you love the Finding Our Hunger podcast, you have FIVE great ways to support us:
- Become a Patreon
- Leave an iTunes review
- Listen to the 1st 100 episodes by getting a Finding Our Hunger Podcast Album
- Start a FREE trial with audible.com
- Shop amazon.com (just click the link and buy whatever you want!)
Thank you for listening – we appreciate you SO much <3.
MENTIONED IN THE PODCAST:
Join the conversation at findingourhunger.com/bookclub.