“Confront the dark parts of yourself, and work to banish them will illumination and forgiveness. Your willingness to wrestle with your demons will cause your angels to sing.” – August Wilson
Today’s guest is Erin Brown, an author, speaker and activist whose work focuses on women and autonomy, positive body image, authentic narrative, cultural rebellion, and radical self-care.
In this episode we discuss:
- How did we learn to hate ourselves?
- Why your self-worth can’t be dependent on only one variable, like size
- How to let toxic people go so you can love yourself
- Why confidence is a muscle that must be trained (and how to train it)
CONNECT WITH ERIN:
BOOK: Letters to Lola
BY THE WAY: If you love the Finding Our Hunger podcast, you have FIVE great ways to support us:
- Become a Patreon
- Leave an iTunes review
- Listen to the 1st 100 episodes by getting a Finding Our Hunger Podcast Album
- Start a FREE trial with audible.com
- Shop amazon.com (just click the link and buy whatever you want!)
Thank you for listening – we appreciate you SO much <3.
Join the conversation at findingourhunger.com/bookclub.